It refers to the lack of oxygen in most of the brain. Since it can be understood as an ictus with a great involvement, neurorehabilitation program is similar to the ictus treatment.
NEUROREHABILITATION THERAPY AND ITS BENEFITS
- The treatment should be initiated as soon as the patient´s medical stability is achieved, usually in the first 7 days after ictus.
- It is recommended an intensive treatment (minimum of 3 hours a day from Monday to Friday).
- During the first 8 months after ictus the patient will observe the recovery, considering the first three months the most important facing the recovery.
- Population studies achieved that with a good treatment 85% of patients can return home.
- In a neurorehabilitation treatment age is not a problem.
- Neurorehabilitation reduces mortality, improves the functional prognosis and promotes a faster return of the patient to home, further reducing the overall costs due to illness.