TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY (TBI)
TBI is the alteration in the function because of an external traumatic force that causes physical damage to the brain.
NEUROREHABILITATION THERAPY AND ITS BENEFITS
- The treatment should be initiated as soon as the patient´s medical stability is achieved.
- It is recommended an intensive treatment (minimum of 3 hours a day from Monday to Friday)
- The neurorehabilitation therapy in the TBI is of vital importance because life expectancy is higher after overcome the acute-phase.
- During the first 12 months after TBI the patient will observe the recovery.
- Neurorehabilitation reduces mortality, improves the functional prognosis and promotes a faster return of the patient to home, further reducing the overall costs due to TBI.